By Michael Gordon Laverick
The whole, Hands-On consultant to fitting and Configuring VMware web site restoration supervisor 5.0
Administering VMware website restoration supervisor 5.0 is the full, technical, hands-on advisor to VMware web site restoration supervisor (SRM) 5.0 install and configuration for knowledgeable VMware professionals.
VMware discussion board moderator and vExpert Mike Laverick absolutely explains SRM 5.0’s failover/failback systems, walks readers via configuring garage replication with from a number of prime providers, and indicates the right way to successfully enforce quick, automatic, centralized catastrophe restoration. Drawing on his huge adventure with SRM and vSphere, Laverick identifies universal pitfalls and blunders, explains why they ensue, and indicates precisely the way to repair them.
Fully modern for SRM 5.0, this publication grants “in-the-trenches” technical wisdom you won’t locate at any place else, together with specialist tips for using SRM 5.0’s complicated new vSphere Replication (VR).
- Going “under the hood” with SRM 5.0 to entirely comprehend its operation
- Configuring SRM 5.0 with Dell EqualLogic Replication, EMC Celerra Replicator, EMC CLARiiON MirrorView, HP StorageWorks P4000 digital SAN equipment with distant replica, and NetApp SnapMirror
- Configuring a number of LUN/volumes with digital machines and digital disks
- Installing VMware SRM and configuring vSphere Replication (VR)
- Using VR to copy VMs throughout destinations with out third-party garage array-based replication
- Using VR to copy a unmarried VM or teams of VMs to the restoration web site
- Efficiently configuring safe and restoration sites
- Using Reprotect Mode to speed up failback and improve VM portability
- Using dependencies and precedence orders to configure SRM in accordance with your current different types of purposes and services
- Leveraging SRM 5.0’s scalability advancements to serve large-scale and/or cloud environments
- Defining customized restoration plans
- Working with alarms, export histories, and entry control
- Implementing bidirectional relationships and shared website configurations
- Scripting computerized web site recovery
- Upgrading from SRM 4.1 to SRM 5.0
Read Online or Download Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 PDF
Similar database storage & design books
The worldwide shift towards providing companies on-line calls for companies to conform from utilizing conventional paper documents and garage to extra glossy digital equipment. There has in spite of the fact that been little or no info on simply the best way to navigate this change-until now. enforcing digital rfile and list administration platforms explains the way to successfully shop and entry digital files and files in a way that enables quickly and effective entry to info so a firm may well meet the wishes of its consumers.
An introductory textual content aimed toward people with an undergraduate wisdom of database & details platforms describing the origins of deductive database in Prolog, & then is going directly to examine the most deductive database paradigm - the datalog version.
Microsoft SQL Server is utilized by thousands of companies, ranging in dimension from Fortune 500s to small retailers around the globe. even if you are simply getting begun as a DBA, helping a SQL Server-driven program, or you have been drafted through your workplace because the SQL Server admin, you don't want a thousand-page booklet to wake up and working.
Production-targeted Spark suggestions with real-world use circumstances Spark: mammoth information Cluster Computing in construction is going past common Spark overviews to supply distinctive information towards utilizing lightning-fast big-data clustering in construction. Written via a professional workforce famous within the massive info neighborhood, this ebook walks you thru the demanding situations in relocating from proof-of-concept or demo Spark functions to dwell Spark in construction.
- The Kimball Group Reader: Relentlessly Practical Tools for Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Fundamentals of steel making
- Database Management Systems
- Special Edition Using Crystal Reports 10
- Microsoft SQL Server New Features
Additional resources for Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0
This is the case for two main reasons. First, you will be so impressed and convinced by the merits of virtualization anyway that you will want to do it. Second, and more important in the context of this book, is that if your production environment is not already virtualized how are you going to keep your DR locations synchronized with the primary location? There are currently a couple of ways to achieve this. You could rely solely on conventional backup and restore, but that won’t be very slick or very quick.
Apart from that, I will be gentle with you—assuming that you have forgotten some of the material from those courses, such as VMFS metadata, UUIDs, and VMFS resignaturing, and that you just have a passing understanding of storage replication. Finally, the use of storage products in this book shouldn’t be construed as a recommendation of any particular vendor. I just happened to meet the HP LeftHand Networks guys at VMworld Europe 2008 – Cannes. They very kindly offered to give me two NFR licenses for their storage technologies.
This is not a dummy’s or idiot’s guide to SRM. You are going to need some background, or at least read my other guides or books, to get up to speed. Apart from that, I will be gentle with you—assuming that you have forgotten some of the material from those courses, such as VMFS metadata, UUIDs, and VMFS resignaturing, and that you just have a passing understanding of storage replication. Finally, the use of storage products in this book shouldn’t be construed as a recommendation of any particular vendor.