By Jeff Smith, Jake Woodhams, Robert Marg
Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals
An end-to-end reference consultant to layout, set up, deal with, and safe 802.11 instant networks
As stressed networks are more and more changed with 802.11n instant connections, company clients are transferring to centralized, next-generation architectures equipped round instant LAN Controllers (WLC). those networks will more and more run business-critical voice, information, and video purposes that after required stressed Ethernet.
In Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals, 3 senior Cisco instant specialists compile all of the useful and conceptual wisdom pros have to hopefully layout, configure, set up, deal with, and troubleshoot 802.11n networks with Cisco Unified instant community (CUWN) technologies.
The authors first introduce the center rules, parts, and merits of next-generation instant networks equipped with Cisco choices. Drawing on their pioneering adventure, the authors current counsel, insights, and most sensible practices for community layout and implementation in addition to precise configuration examples.
Next, they light up key applied sciences starting from WLCs to light-weight entry aspect Protocol (LWAPP) and keep watch over and Provisioning of instant entry issues (CAPWAP), fastened cellular Convergence to WiFi Voice. in addition they express the best way to make the most of the CUWN’s end-to-end defense, automated configuration, self-healing, and built-in administration services.
This e-book serves as a pragmatic, hands-on reference for all community directors, designers, and engineers in the course of the complete venture lifecycle, and an authoritative studying software for brand new instant certification courses. this is often the only booklet that
- Fully covers the foundations and parts of next-generation instant networks outfitted with Cisco WLCs and Cisco 802.11n AP
- Brings jointly real-world assistance, insights, and most sensible practices for designing and imposing next-generation instant networks
- Presents start-to-finish configuration examples for universal deployment scenarios
- Reflects the vast first-hand event of Cisco experts
- Gain an operational and design-level knowing of WLAN Controller (WLC) architectures, comparable applied sciences, and the issues they solve
- Understand 802.11n, MIMO, and protocols built to aid WLC architecture
- Use Cisco applied sciences to reinforce instant community reliability, resilience, and scalability whereas decreasing working expenses
- Safeguard your resources utilizing Cisco Unified instant Network’s complex defense features
- Design instant networks in a position to serving as an enterprise’s basic or merely entry community and aiding complex mobility services
- Utilize Cisco instant keep an eye on process (WCS) to devise, set up, video display, troubleshoot, and file on instant networks all through their lifecycles
- Configure Cisco instant LANs for multicasting
- Quickly troubleshoot issues of Cisco controller-based instant LANs
This ebook is a part of the Cisco Press® basics sequence. Books during this sequence introduce networking execs to new networking applied sciences, masking community topologies, pattern deployment suggestions, protocols, and administration techniques.
Covers: Cisco Controller-Based instant LANs
Read or Download Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals: An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks PDF
Similar protocols & apis books
Present traits, architectures, and purposes of cellular advert hoc networking cellular advert hoc networking is without doubt one of the extra leading edge and difficult parts of instant networking, one that delivers to develop into more and more found in our lives. along with units which are autonomously self-organizing in networks, advert hoc networks supply a wide measure of freedom at a cheaper price than different networking recommendations.
A learn of broadband entry applied sciences for engineers operating for telecommunications companies and net carrier companies. It deals execs an in-depth knowing of unbundling for voice and information prone, and offers assistance on concerns and important communique protocols.
Instant domestic networks are larger than ever! The emergence of latest criteria has made them more straightforward, less demanding, more cost-effective to possess and function. nonetheless, you want to recognize what to appear for (and glance out for), and the specialist counsel you’ll locate in instant domestic Networks For Dummies, third variation is helping you make sure that your wire-free existence can be a ordinary existence!
If you would like a ebook that lays out the stairs for particular Linux networking initiatives, one who truly explains the instructions and configurations, this is often the ebook for you. Linux Networking Cookbook is a soup-to-nuts selection of recipes that covers every thing you must understand to accomplish your task as a Linux community administrator.
Additional info for Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals: An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks
11 frame. This frame is then encapsulated with a CAPWAP header and transported to the AC using the appropriate transport technology. CAPWAP State Machine The CAPWAP RFC defines a state machine. The state machine explains how infrastructure devices (specifically WTPs and ACs) interact with each other from startup through operations. The CAPWAP RFC explains the CAPWAP state machine in detail; this Chapter 2: Wireless LAN Protocols 25 section explains only some of the key states in the CAPWAP state machine for the sake of simplicity.
4. RFC 5417, “Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Access Controller DHCP Option,” P. txt, March 2009. 5. 11 Deployments,” S. Kelly and T. txt, March 2009. 6. RFC 4347, “Datagram Transport Layer Security,” E. Rescorla and N. txt, April 2006. 7. pdf, IEEE, June 12, 2007. 11n standard. 11g WLANs support a maximum physical layer data rate of 54 Mbps and approximate application level data rates of 30 Mbps. Many wired applications using higher data rates, such as high-definition video and system backup applications, are slowly migrating to WLANs.
11 data frame. 11 data frame is bridged onto the wireless network to deliver it to Host A. As shown in Figure 2-8, the WTP uses a UDP port number that is derived from a hash of the WTP’s Ethernet MAC address. This port number is always greater than 1024 and will be unique for each WTP. The AC will always use UDP port number 5246 for CAPWAP data messages. CAPWAP Data Path: Locally Bridged Traffic Data traffic can be locally bridged on a per-WLAN basis. As shown in Figure 2-8, when the WTP is locally bridged traffic, data frames are bridged directly onto or off of the wired network at the WTP instead of being passed through the AC.